When it comes to “super foods” none is as potent as Spirulina and Chlorella. Both offer immense benefits to one’s health. Chlorella is a powerful antioxidant containing up to 10 times more chlorophyll than any other plant life. Spirulina on the other hand is extremely rich in plant-based protein which is easier to digest than animal protein. Both are sustainable and fairly simple to grow and harvest making them an excellent alternative to animal foods — or is it?
Now most people know all too well that Spirulina and Chlorella are good for us. Taking them on a regular basis is an excellent way to detoxify the body. There’s just one problem — they don’t taste very good. Many who’ve bought these green foods for the first time just end up leaving them in the counter for months. If that sounds a lot like you then that’s no reason to miss out; there are ways to consume them in a much more enjoyable manner.
1. Gather a few ingredients that’ll make your detox drink taste a lot better. All you need is a bottle of organic honey and some lemon or lime juice.
2. Take one teaspoon of Chlorella or Spirulina powder and put in a glass of water. Add in 2 teaspoons of honey.
3. Add a bit of water and stir until you get a smooth and pasty texture.
4. Fill the glass with water and stir again for a minute for good measure
5. Squeeze in half a lemon or lime